Tuesday, July 7, 2009

thing #11

I signed up for Librarything and added a list of books that I have recently read and some on my TBA (to be read list). There is something satisfying about seeing the list that I have read over the past two years. I also like the information you can find on a book before you purchase the book. I got lost in reading everyone's comments about different books and was surprised to find that some groups read together in small chunks of time. The most valuable I found to be the tab Local. It gives you access to Houston libraries and bookstores that visiting authors are scheduled to appear for talks and signings. I have enjoyed meeting authors in the past and listening to their thought process and how they chose the settings of their books. I think this could really be used by English teachers and their students but would have limited use for Math teachers. It was fun to see what everyone was reading.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, please share what you are reading. you know I am always interested! I have read Prayers for Sale, Sing Them Home, The Strain, A Reliable Wife, and am finishing The Walking People. Ar you reading any of these? We must talk!

    ReplyDelete