Wednesday, July 22, 2009

thing #19

I am familiar and use many of the Web 2.0 Awards such as google maps, Youtube, urbanspoon, and Craig's list. I spent some time on Yelp and found a restraunt that I have heard about for some time, knew the general location, but could not remember the name. I read wonderful reviews on the Italian food it serves and booked a reservation for my anniversary! I definitely added this site to my favorites.
I decided to explore Awards that are not necessarily geared toward Mathematics as I have already registered for sites specific to Math. I settled on Writeboard which is a sharable web based text document that allows you to save every edit, rollback to any version and collaborate with others. It is also free! Although I can see a wide use in English and History, I think it would be great for projects in Math. It would allow students to work in groups from home and it would be a way to see the creative side of students.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Thanks for alerting me to this. I had not heard of it before. It amazes me how many resources are out there. I guess we just see a fraction of them.

    ReplyDelete