Thursday, July 16, 2009

thing #15

Tell me it is not so! I have fond memories as a child of going to the library each week for yet another Nancy Drew book to read and it is hard to hear that the library is antiquated. I enjoy collecting and reading hard bound books but the world is changing. I do agree that teachers must change (video was an eye opener) the way they teach and libraries must change to meet the new student needs. I can definitely see that digital collections of journals, books and blogs would provide a much larger collection that one library could ever afford. Library 2.0 meets the needs of the patrons and meets the users in there space (internet) as opposed to the library. It is user friendly and can be constantly upgraded. I do see a need to integrate the the 2.0 service with our curricula and make easy button commands such as Google Page Creator to help students and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment