Sunday, June 21, 2009

thing #2

I am definitely a lifelong learner. I love to cook, read, travel and sew. I still remember buying my Bernina sewing machine and taking classes on monogramming and embroidering on my new machine. Before I knew it everything in the house had a personal touch. When my daughter was born a friend taught me how to smock. I bought a smocking machine that very day and began to build a library of plates or templates and I still have the 30 or so dresses I made and smocked for my daughter.
I am very good at surrounding myself with the tools I need for any challenge I undertake. I love taking classes, particularly with a friend. It is easier for me to learn when I can bounce ideas off of another person and it is more fun as well. I do find it hard sometimes to use technology to my advantage. I have some skills on the computer that I use daily at home and in teaching but nothing that qualifies me as a blogger. We shall see how this goes!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you are off to a great start! I never knew that you love to sew and cook, and read, too! What are you reading right now? I am reading A Relibable Wife by Robert Goolrick and am about to start The Strain (vampires)!

    ReplyDelete